Monday, May 17, 2010

Waiting on the Wind

Posted by Picasa

The phrase--depending on which way the wind blows-- has a whole new meaning now that we sit under the volcanic dust cloud from Iceland. As I type this, Heathrow is open, but Edinburgh airport is closed. Since I want to fly from here to Edinburgh Wednesday morning, I care more about Edinburgh than Heathrow, which may have its own troubles with an industrial action by British Airways, even if the cloud passes it by.


The one hour air trip rather than a 7 hour train ride was intended to be a treat for my friend and myself. I love the train, but having recently spent a day going and another day coming back for one day spent in Glasgow, the idea of an hour on a plane instead had awhich way definite appeal.


So for now we're waiting to see which way the wind blows.

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

Hope you're traveling pleasantly with the wind at your back!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

Lovely sentimemnt. We made it on old style noisy propeller plane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home