Monday, April 05, 2010

Two Larks Singing

It was bucketing rain this morning and cold. The wind was not quixotic as it has been, but persistent and so wet that the air was heavy. The sky was grey and it looked as if the very heavens were going to be wrung out and deposited on us before the day was done.

The day will clear, Morris says. I heard two larks singing. They know better than we do. I was prepared to believe in the wisdom of the larks, but I put on my heavy duty rain coat and hat in the mean time.

The larks were right. Still not a bonny day but dry now.

"Bouncebackability" is the word one of the presenters at the Age Unlimited workshop used as an important trait for sdocial entrepreneurs--which was what they were trying to encourage us to be. I'm not sure I'm a social entrepreneur, but I bounce back--that's a good start.

4 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Amy said...

So... a social enterpreneur is... what?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

Ah, yes, good question. It seems if I unbderstand the jargon that a social entrepreneur is someone whoi applies the same sort of organizational acumen and inventinveness to solving social issues as is usually applied to making boatloads of money--or trying to.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

I think the new term is a good one, invigorating - so much better than many that have been applied through the years - "agitator" (ugh) - activist (exhausts me just to hear the word!) - but entrepreneur! that signals both hard work and endless ingenuity, LOL! Good bait. And much more intriguing intro at coctail parties - not that they seem to happen here.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger landgirl said...

Hayden, as soon as I typed response earlier I realized that social entrepreneur probably also means someone who increases social capital. The agency (they dubbed themselves an ("innovation agency"--how cool is that?) referred to some text that I need to read, so I'll look that up and read it and probably get lots more good stuff but I like the idea of adding social entrepreneur to my handle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home