Saturday, November 28, 2009

Castlehill Craft Day


One of the best things about these days where crafters come with their unfinished projects to have a little time away from distractions is you just never know what they will be bringing along.

Briefly, Liz brought a breathtaking piece of silk embroidery begun in the 1870's. It is worked with picked up stitches in pure silk thread which can't be found any longer.

Meg walked in with her basket of basketmaking goodies and turned out this baby rattle. The bell is secured inside.

Jill is queen of sock monkeys (I should have photographed her Norwegian knitting as well but we spent a fair bit of time eating and talking as well as crafting and oohing and ahhing over each other's things.)

Ooh apparently blogger could not handle all the photos I tried to publish, so I'll save them for another day. This is enough of a taster I hope to say that we found a great way to spend a rainy day in out of the weather.





Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Ruan Peat said...

saw Jills monkeys in Picture box on my way home and they look so fab!
BTW where is my scarf and wrist warmers? and how did Louise like our card?

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger landgirl said...

Louise liked card very much. See new post for photo of you and your scarf. I must have been charging my camera battery when you were doing wrist warmers--I don't have photo of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home