Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nanowrimo Wrist Warmers

Posted by Picasa


My friend Meg is a wizard with fine Shetland wool and knitting needles. I saw a pair of her wrist warmers at our recent sale and loved them but I needed them a bit larger to go over my shirt or sweater, so I asked her to do some for me. I specified red and left the rest up to her. And you can see the result. (I have a couple pairs of her socks, too.)

I have dubbed them nanowrimo wrist warmers because I need all the help I can get to meet my goal of 50,000 words in a month that is nearly over. (Don't ask how many I have. More than I had in the beginning of the month, but fewer than 50,000). So I have imbued these wrist warmers with the powers of Wonder Woman's magic bracelets and the muse of nanowrimo.

5 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Ruan Peat said...

Go Meg and her wonderful Wrist warmers.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger landgirl said...

They make me feel as if I could take on the world.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous. Especially as the temperature begins to settle in the 30's. sigh.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

As the temperature drops, the layers of wool need to increase. Wristwarmers are brilliant--also ankle warmers to keep cold air from going up your trouser leg. I lost one of my leg warmers, so I am gonna get my knitting needles going for that on my very next project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home