Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Almost a Hat--Snow Day

I'm not clever enough to turn the photo.  This is latest felt hat still sitting on the mould.  This is second or third steaming to shape.  At least one more steaming and then trimming brim and refelting edges and then final steam.

Silk does not show as well as I would like. I like the lustre that it gives to the wool.  I had the idea to trim the hat with felted ropes in colours of the hat.  So just trying it on here.  I'll walk around for a couple days and then decide something possibly altogether different.

Solomon asking me for at least the zillionth time today to make the weather more cat friendly.  Sorry, Solly, you, the almost hat, and I all have to wait it out.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Amy said...

It seems that, like gardening, when making hat you can try something and then change it if you want to.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Ruan Peat said...

oh now you have got me thinking about my lasts again! must pop out with them :-), and yes solly the weather is getting better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home