Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Simple Pleasures

It is another grey, mizzly, drizzly day.  The last full day of the holidays--a kind of time between time.  It is a miserable day, my husband said.  I prefer to think of it as a day for inside chores--and faster than you could say neurolinguistic programming, I was cheerfully pottering with things that had begun to accumulate as chores, with all the weight that chores bring with them.

Re-hemming a pair of trousers washed on too warm a setting with a bit of lovely Christmas ribbon makes me feel all eco friendly and Christmasy at the same time and hopefully in days to come.

I doubt if the spirit of pottering cheerfully will last through my entire chore stash, but each step lightens the load.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Ruan Peat said...

I love making a list then crossing things off even when the first item is make a list! :-) so self satisfing

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

oh yes. The old list trick. Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home