Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Three Boats

OK, my friend has just put in her triumph of creativity when it comes to non-paper paper boats. You can see it here:
http://joannebkaarpaperboats.blogspot.com/search/label/UK
along with all the other cool contributions. And here is a sneak preview of the flotilla I will sail to Joanne's studio tomorrow.

I'll let Joanne give you a close up shot, so I guess this is a sneak preview.

the tiny boat in the rear is a recognition of the many women whose lives were not chronicled who made the perilous voyage. The ones who had skills at needlework were luckier than most, so the pennant is a needle threader.

The middle boat is Forever Young, after my brother and sister in law's boat down in Grand Cayman. On the side are photos of my brother and sister. I miss them both very much and so this boat helps me keep them in mind. On the side it says, "May you be Forever young" adapted from a line from the Joan Baez song.

After all that seriousness, the third boat is just a fishing boat. I liked the cartoon-like fish. The little ones looking at the net; the larger one looking at them.

Oh all three are made out of fabric scraps from one thing or another bonded with an almost paper so that I could fold them like the original pattern on Joanne's blog. There is still time to make a boat, so by all means add to the flotilla.


Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

I love it! Wonderful fun!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger landgirl said...

It has been greatfun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home