Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Season of Rushing

I don't know how things can get so busy this time of year when so many things get suspended until "after Christmas" or "after the New Year."

It is that funny time between times--I've started carrying my 2009 date book as if to say that these in between days are already somehow suspended.

I am making up new Christmas traditions because Christimas without little ones is, by definition, different. And credit crunch and with families spread world wide it just gets very complicated very fast. I am trying to simplify things but little presents seem to take BIG time. I am in danger of losing the fun of knitting as I try to put my languid knitting pace into overdrive. I just ordered a present that may not be here in time. I teetered on the edge of frenzy and then recalled my resolve to simplify things and whatever else, to enjoy this time.

My best wishes to you all that the common sense we seem to cast side so often and so easily will stay with you and let you enjoy the spirit of the times.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I know what you mean. I'm buying fewer presents than I have in most years past, but feel the pressure even more. As for presents to stateside people, let's save those for when you get here--OK?

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

It may have to be Christmas even later than we had thought. I'll get better sense of scheduling today after visit to Ormlie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home