Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Double Rainbow Day

The geese have come and moved on south without lingering, which everyone says is a sign we will have a long and bitter winter. It is already sharply cold and there has been a skifter of snow in the high places. Today began, however, with a clear sky and two rainbows arcing across the full 180 degree horizon.

The first rainbow, the stronger of the two, led right into the bay at the edge of the farm--trust those leprechauns to put their pot of gold some place very safe.

Today one of my early posts, polished up a bit, saw the light of day in the local paper, the Caithness Courier. If I had not been blogging for --whessht, I think it must be two years now--I would not have had the nerve (or the material) to do that--rainbow or no rainbow.

5 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post being sent to the newspaper made an arc in the sky--a third rainbow! (Or first of three, since it must have been sent before today.) I'm happy you've been published locally. Yes, you started in April 2006 according to the column on the right of your blog.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger landgirl said...

Oh what a treasure you are, Ms Piggy. I have been relaxing a bit after my writing blitz, but I think now I can get back at it. Thanks. When do you go to your retreat?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger TerriRainer said...

Congrats on the article! That's great.

:) Terri

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Add my congratulations as well.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

Thanks, Terri and Cur for your good wishes. I am very grateful for your encouragement over the years now. It startles me a bit when I say that. I have had such a positive response from readers that I will send the paper some more. One of the great outcomes was a guy that I had known before but had never said more than a few words to came up to me yesterday and talked. He told me some lovely stories--now he knows that we are of the same clan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home