Thursday, July 08, 2010

Girls Rules

For the first time I did not have to travel all the way to Edinburgh by myself. There were too many advantages to having my friends there to list them all, so I'll just sum them up under Girls Rules. Women just naturally know better how to have a good time.

I worked right up to about an hour before my presentation and then relaxed in the "green room"--a seating area outside the conference room where we had to make our presentation. I was edging into that preternaturally calm state and my friends helped keep me in check. We did a good job of presenting and then we went out to celebrate. This Chinese jacket was the first step of the celebration for me. Just down the street from the hotel was Armstong's, a second hand/Vintage clothing store. It was chock a block with things wonderful and wacky. I went in thinking I'd get something tweedy and then the next thing I knew, I had asked the shop person to climb up to the rack full of silk jackets. They called them bed jackets, but this one will hang out in public with me for special occasions.

I'm usually not much of a yellow person, but the overall hue of this jacket is more of a creamy beigey maybe green. I loved the fasteners. Only when I got the jacket home did I realize that they are all hand worked fabric (brownish not purple as in photo-sorry about that). I just love the workmanship.

The adrenalin of my find gave me enough energy to get back to hotel and, after a nap, go out for dinner, but then it was back to the hotel. Still getting my energy back, so I'll just leave you with my Chinese jacket for now--the first instalment of the true meaning of Girls Rules.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Looks like a lovely jacket. Some of my best purchases were made completely unexpectedly and on the spur of the moment. I hope I get to see it sometime.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

What a gorgeous piece. Things like that can't be planned for, only accepted with grace. I'm glad you'll be wearing it out, it deserves to be seen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home