Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A Golden Day

Posted by Picasa
The rooks may have eluded me, but there is no denying these catkins on the willow. willows are hopeful but sturdy. They would not let a few sunny days fool them. I do believe. I do believe.

I was not sure what to expect today because last night's shipping forecast suggested winds of 4 to 5 mph but from the direction of the north--a dreaded northerly even if at the moderate speed of 4 is enough to send a shiver down my spine. The shipping forecast also revealed a high near Iceland and apparently moving this way. I am glad to see that the high prevailed, so I am out and about to drink in as much sunshine as I can. There will be a northerly again soon.

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Hayden said...

Everything here comes from Lake Mi to the west. It's wide open. I watch the snow drift and blow and plan where the trees must go.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Buds on the trees? So soon? We can get to late March or early April in Chicago without them.

The Gulf Stream still works, doesn't it?

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUPERB FOTO OF WILLOW AND WELL WORTH ITS PLACE IN COURIER //. SCORRIE //

 

Post a Comment

<< Home