Friday, April 11, 2008

A Milestone

I passed the 200 post milestone without knowing it, which is usually best for me. As soon as I notice that I have accomplished something I tend to want to fiddle with it. I discovered that I had 209 posts because I was looking for some that might be publishable outside the virtual world.


In looking them over I noticed three things (not in the order of importance).


There were some posts that could probably be tidied up and sent out into the world to stand on their own. (It's late now and I'm tired. I'll verify this truth tomorrow in the cold light of day).


Although the quality of the posts varies considerably over the period since I started writing, there was a trend toward actually getting better as a writer. Because that was one of my goals when I started blogging, I am glad to be able to convince myself of that.


Some drafts were just placeholders and could be deleted. This tidying up dropped me down to 199 posts, so I get to celebrate the milestone of my 200th post after all. This one.

Instead of a smiley face emoticon, here is a cheerful motif from the inside of the dome in West Baden, Indiana.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the color of that cheerful visage and beard remind me of the arch with the lichens that you photographed in the kirk cemetery.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

congrats -

and what a wonderful Green Man! If I ever turn into a collector, it will be of his ilk.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Gabriel Harley said...

200 or not, you don't look a day over 175. :-)

You keep writing, I'll keep reading.

Congrats!

gh

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

ooh, good eye ampiggy.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

Thanks, Hayden, I like the green man motif, too. A more sinister variation turns up on gravestones. I recently discovered this version in a book about gravestone art and symbols, which I bought because of the Kirkton cemetery.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

Oh, Gabe, you have a deal! I am also making slow progress toward that other milestone of publishing some of them but I hesitate to say that out loud lest I scre myself out of it.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Well I suppose this revised milestone must not go uncelebrated! Congratulations on 210 -- er -- 200 posts.

(I've never subjected my output to that sort of criticism... I'm afraid my number of posts might not just decrease, it would nearly vanish....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home