Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Knitting in the New Year

It is a joy to be old enough or free enough to enjoy the holidays in the way that you like best.

I sent two picture story manuscripts off to a competition. After fretting over the submission package more than I ever did with the stories themselves, I am joyfully knitting and pottering and sharing doing not much at all with my husband and my daughter. We have champagne in the fridge which we may or may not drink tonight. We may or may not stay up until midnight.

In between the doing or not doing, I'll knit and purl a few more rows.

May you ring in the New Year doing what you like best.

Happy New Year

4 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Heather L. said...

Happy Hogmanay! :)

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Hayden said...

I'm with you, landgirl! I spent quality time with friends over the last two days, and tonight? I may just go to bed early, LOL!

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moi aussi... re the activities, the feeling, and the stage of life. I'd planned to go to a party given by my former church, but felt tired, so instead I napped for 2 hours and then watched Buffy and her friends save Sunnydale yet again, followed by watching the ball fall with my husband. It felt wonderful to do exactly what I felt like at the time, and to have things left open so I could do that.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger landgirl said...

happy hogmanay to you, too, Heather L. Did you do 'first footing' when you were on other side of pond?

yes to both Hayden and ampiggy re doing what you want to do. Huzzah for growing up. we did stay up to midnight--just. and had mimosa (or bucks fizz) for breakfast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home