Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oasis in a Sea of Chaos

OK the bed is ready for my visitor--one of the treats of this part of the world is the air. That may sound silly until you have breathed it. So hanging bed linens out on the line and letting them soak up the sun and the fresh air is more than just a task. It is perhaps the first gift of hospitality.

My friend and cleaning lady took ill, so the chronic near chaos of this house presented an even more daunting prospect. After several days of hard slogging, I can say that bed in the room is done. The room is almost done enough--am I the only one who has stacks of books nearly everywhere?

3 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous ampiggy said...

Both residents of our household have been known to make stacks of books--on top of bookshelves, on kitchen chairs (waiting to be read while eating breakfast or lunch), on mail tables, in automobiles, and last but not least, beside the bed. In fact, some of my bedside stacks are on the blond bookshelf I got from you before you made the Big Journey Across the Waters. And, ahh, I remember moving stacks of books to an out-of-the-way corner when I stayed in the cozy third-floor bedroom.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

oh, I like that--instead of bricks and boards bookcases--books and boards bookcases.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

books // books // books // every where books and books // but we will get there // scorrie //

 

Post a Comment

<< Home