Monday, May 12, 2008

A May Interlude



I like
Calendula
Tarantella
Frilly orange edges
On dark purple centers


Blue misted silhouettes of hills
Dark blue lochans
In brown-umber hills
Dotted with sheep


Ocean tumbled rocks
rounded to the curve of your hand
blue brown purple grey, striped like Easter eggs
or wrinkled with seasons of water and dust


Cattle on the hill at twilight
Dancing in the rain
The ocean mixed with my own heartbeat in my ears

sitting in the golden light
watching it all.

3 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

ahh, what a big smile I have from reading this!

thanks for lighting up my afternoon.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger TerriRainer said...

I bet you rarely miss the states, with landscapes like that to look at!

:) Terri

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger landgirl said...

Hayden and terri, thanks for helping me remember to appreciate this gift I have. I hope never to forget but I do miss the States--my little corners of it: my family and friends and the familiar spots that marked it as home. I wrote a description of Dog Days of August in Indiana the other day just to see if I could do it. I don't want to lose that connection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home